Real Estate Buyers Agent and your Buyers Bill of Rights
Real Estate Buyers Agent, Protecting Buyers Rights
As a CEBAA Client, you can expect responsiveness based on a written contract with your Real Estate Buyers Agent. This agreement establishes that your agent is legally accountable to you, not the seller, and it requires that he/she does not divulge confidential information to the seller or the seller’s agent.
This ensures that your Real Estate Buyers Agent represents only you and your best interests when buying a home. This agreement further establishes that your Buyer’s Agent does not represent the interests of any seller, real estate agency, mortgage lender, insurance company or other vendor.
As a CEBAA member, your Real Estate Buyers Agent will deliver you the utmost professional assistance including:
- Search out properties on the market, including “For Sale By Owner” properties not included in the MLS.
- Evaluate your loan package to identify a favorable loan and rate.
- Develop a preliminary evaluation of a property (including both pros and cons) and provide an explanation of comparative property values in the area.
- Properly advise you on price and other advantageous negotiating options and prepare a purchase offer.
- Deliver any purchase offer promptly to the seller or the seller’s agent.
- Negotiate only on your behalf.
- Arrange inspections, warranties, and any certifications that might affect the value of the property.
- Accompany you on a final walk-through of the property before closing.
- Attend the closing and provide assistance to you and your attorney at the closing.
What is a Buyer’s Agent Agreement & How Does it Protect Home Buyers?
By working with a Real Estate Buyers Agent who holds a valued membership in CEBAA, you, the buyer, can expect your home search, purchase and closing to be as anxiety-free and streamlined as possible.