Here are some of the most popular reasons home buyers move to Denver:
- Denver has an average of more than 300 sunny days per year – more than Honolulu, Miami, and San Diego.
- Denver area residents have access to more than 35 ski areas and 15 million acres of national parks.
- Denver International Airport (DIA) is currently the fifth busiest airport in the country and the 10th busiest in the world. DIA is larger than Chicago’s O’Hare Airport and the Dallas-Fort Worth Airport combined.
- The median age of residents in Denver is 33.1 years compared to the national average of 38.
- A short drive away from Denver, the Rocky Mountains provide numerous opportunities for skiing, camping, bicycling, and hiking.
- Colorado is a Spanish word meaning the color red.
- Professional sports teams in Denver include the NFL Super Bowl champions Denver Broncos, the NBA’s Denver Nuggets, the NHL’s Colorado Avalanche, and MLB’s Colorado Rockies.
- Thirty-four and one-half percent of Denver’s population has a four-year college degree compared to the national average of 16 percent.
- Denver’s recreational facilities include more than 100 parks, a dozen museums, two amusement parks, two water parks, US Mint, Denver Botanical Gardens, Denver Zoo, and a large performing arts complex.
If you are getting ready to move to Denver, Colorado, you will need the help of a Denver Buyer’s Agent. A Denver Buyer’s Agent can help you find the neighborhood that will work with your commute, your interests, and your price range.