Here is a summary of Colorado’s most affordable college towns. Colorado offers some of the best university towns in the world – but what makes a college town stand out? Colorado has so many great things to offer in the livability index, but where college towns are concerned, there is much to consider. College tuition and textbooks are only one part of the equation in determining total college costs. The cost of living on and off-campus is a huge factor in determining affordability.
Here is the list of the top results for Colorado towns:
- Colorado State University, Pueblo, CO ranks #1 for overall affordability with a 9.15 out of 10 ratings.
- The United States Air Force Academy, USAFA, Colorado Springs, CO is next with an 8.95 out of 10 ratings.
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, CO has an 8.82 out of 10 ratings.
- Western State Colorado University, Gunnison, CO has an 8.64 out of 10 ratings.
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO has an 8.56 out of 10 ratings.
- University of Denver, Denver, CO has an 8.50 out of 10 ratings.
- Colorado Christian University, Lakewood, CO has an 8.40 out of 10 ratings.
- Regis University, Denver, CO has an 8.24 out of 10 ratings.
- Fort Lewis College, Durango, CO has an 8.21 out of 10 ratings.
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO has an 8.19 out of 10 ratings.
Many other Colorado college towns made the list. It is interesting to note that Colorado Springs and Denver both had more than one college offer. We are so very fortunate here in Colorado to have such a vast array of secondary/higher learning institutions from which to choose.
Currently, both Denver and Colorado Springs have seen consistently rising rental rates, making them excellent markets for those entering real estate from a buy to rent scenario. If you are considering real estate for this reason or any other, let one of our Top exclusive buyers’ agents assist you from the start of your search through your purchase, ensuring loyalty to you the buyer only. This type of focus on the buyer is especially critical in competitive real estate markets where price negotiations are crucial in securing the type of real estate you want at the most affordable price. Get started here by answering a few quick questions.