The Barry and Larry Vestera Real Estate Program Radio show
8:00-9:00 AM | January 29, 2022
On the show:
Barry Miller (Host, and Real Estate Agent with Remax Masters Millenium, Denver, CO)
Larry Stanley (Co-host, Barry and Larry Consumer’s Real Estate)
Jim Wanzeck (Real Estate Agent with Remax Masters Millennium)
Insights from Experts into the Home Selling Process
- Whenever possible, select your top agent about 4 to 8 weeks in advance to putting your home in an active MLS internet marketplace
- The better equipped you are when you know of multiple real estate companies. The better opportunity you’re going to have to make sure you understand what the commitment is
- Consumers have the ability to be able to get out into the marketplace but with the rules of the MLS these days and all the competition out there. Make sure to give your agents at least 4 to 8 days to have everything in place. In that way, when you put it on the market you have your best foot forward
In this current marketplace, should the price always be the determining factor when utilizing
the auction bid approach?
- There’s always a whole category of items that are important to the seller
- The 2 most important categories are MONEY and TIME
- In these times, when you put your house on the market you’re receiving more than 5 offers
- You, as a seller, need to be able to cipher between that. Buyers tend to throw everything at the wall thinking they can get under contract
- You need an expert to make sure they can waive through all of it because sometimes the price is not the most important
- Getting the closing table is the MOST important thing
How to make sure that the agents know how to set up an auction environment for home sellers?
- Don’t take the first offer if it’s in the first hour so your agent could brag about how they get you top dollar.
- TOP dollar doesn’t have to be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd day
- Consumer possible buyers who may work on the weekends. Try to double-up with the opportunity to make more money
- 4 to 5 days is the typical auction time for the home sellers
- Buying a home, sight-unseen, is happening more than ever these days
Marketing plans for home sellers
- Agents should listen to what the seller’s goals are
- Know what their timing preference is. Know what is a great week to sell
- In addition to great tools, LISTENING would put together a masterful marketing plan for that seller to maximize the money they would get in the timeline that best serves that seller
- A passive marketing plan should fit the seller’s needs.
Interest rates report
- FVA and VA right now are at around 3.6% with no additional dollars from you, the borrower, upfront
- Conventional loan is now at around 3.5%
- The increase has gone up to about 6% from the last 3 or 4 months
- The phase of increase is likely to slow down
- Experts are still not showing signs of prices to be going down. Rates are not going to slow down on a steady basis as well as the prices
Need assistance with putting up your home for sale?
Do not hesitate to equip yourself with the ability and the tools to choose only the best by visiting our page for a carefully-maintained list of best agents throughout Colorado. Kathleen and her team are available 7 days a week to attend to your inquiries. Simply fill out the online form or call the association headquarters anytime at 303-679-1621 and if you are from out-of-state you may dial 866-222-8937. Also, feel free to leave a message and the association staff will be back to you asap.
Check out the videos of top Colorado exclusive buyer agents at the Buyer Agent Search youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/kchiras. These buyer agents have strong track records and represent the best in the industry.