Buyers Agents – Top Things Buyers Look For
There are many great reasons to use buyers agents as you go through the real estate selection and purchase process. Here are some of the top things you are looking for when selecting your agent.
Things To Look For in Great Buyers Agents:
- Verify they are licensed in your state and work full-time as a real estate agent.
- Discover what distinguishes them from other agents, for instance, they may have additional, specialized training and certificates including a GRI designation, (Graduate Realtors Institute), or CRS, (Certified Residential Specialist), or CIPS, (Certified International Property Specialist).
- Look for their professional affiliations and trade association memberships locally and nationally such as the National Associations of Realtors; membership to this organization gives the agent access to listings, market in formation and other important information that it would be difficult for non-members to obtain.
- Find out if they are highly regarded by their own peers, a measure that indicates they are friendly and professional to work with.
- Make sure they are experienced with the types of services you require, as well as being knowledgeable about the area in which you are consideration your property purchase.
- Ask Lots of Questions.
There are many important tasks that a buyers agent will perform on your behalf.
These are questions you can ask to make sure you have someone you can work closely with through the process.
- How many homes have you found for buyers in the last year?
- How will you communicate with me?
- How do you organize your work?
- How can you help me afford the home I want?
- How is your commission paid?
- Who are some of your past clients that I can call as references?
We have helped thousands of consumers find the perfect buyers agent. You will receive top-level service and friendly, professional information from our agents. Click here to get started today.